Maybach (W240) Produced 2002-2012

Saw Maybatch today, look cheap for the $$

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 05:13 AM
Guest0001

well Bentley is owned by audi right? the new bentley continental coupe looks BADASS!!! looks like alot like the jag though.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Yes, I agree with all of you on certain points. The RR Phantom is a box on wheels, but has the passenger capabilities and if that's the direction BMW wants to head (down the toilet) then that's their choice. The Bentley is stylish and although I am a bit weary about Audi products I think Bentley is going to head in the right direction (only if they can retain the value, luxury, and driver capabilities)!!! Maybach is too pricey especially since it has soooo many S-class componets, but the car is pretty much hand-built! What I'm worried about is Mercedes future! I just hope they don't make down-sized bubbles with upmarked prices! I don't want Mercedes to be a box, but at the same time I don't want them to be a bubble and take all of the sportiness out of them (i'm afraid of the W221 S-class after seeing spy pics of the car in black plastic). I think these drawed designs look very good and if anything is the direction the W221 should head! Sorry for posting these in the Maybach thread, but it goes with what I'm trying to explain.
Graphics copyright: Auto Motor und Sport/Mark Stehrenberger 2002 Further preparation for the web by MBSPY

Graphics copyright: Auto Motor und Sport/Mark Stehrenberger 2002 Further preparation for the web by MBSPY

Just my 2 cents!

DOMINIC
Old 06-11-2003, 02:47 PM

Unhappy

Oops! Sorry, but those pics didn't show up! Go here http://mbspy.com/w221.htm and just look at the drawn designs of the W221 S-class! As I said if anything I think those designs are what MB should follow for the next big body S!

DOMINIC
Old 06-16-2003, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by CarlssonCRS
the RR phantom looks much better than the maybach. i think if the maybach price were set to 150k it would be ok. when a sedan price gets to the 300s you might as well get a RR or a bentley. we have owned RRs and bentleys since i was a kid, mercedes will never beat them in luxury. the maybach is also a car that you need to be driven in.
NOTHING you just stated is a fact. That is all opinion and its worth the same amount as the next guys so lets try to get away from the fiction.
The 57 is a drivers car and the 62 is catered to those who wish to be driven in but both are suitable to swap audiences. I believe the maybach looks wayyyy better than the phantom and that RR who is owned by _ _ _ and Bentleys are outdated machines who have yet to make anything even close to a technological innovation for autombiles in a very long time.

Just my thoughts....
Old 06-16-2003, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
well we've owned all three, rr, bentley and benz. i have never sat in any benz sedan that even compares in comfort and luxury. and we've had every benz sedan. the bentley arnage red label is the ultimate drivers luxury car.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well we've owned all three, rr, bentley and benz. i have never sat in any benz sedan that even compares in comfort and luxury. and we've had every benz sedan. the bentley arnage red label is the ultimate drivers luxury car.
Have you ever sat in a Maybach or been driven in one? If not then I would hope you hold off on stereotyping a 300,000 automobile to a 80,000 one: Especially since you've never even been in one.
Also, I hope it is the S600 you are passing judgements on and not that 02 C320 in your sig. There is a big difference.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
well in the part where i wrote EVERY benz sedan, obvoiusly that would include the s-class. if lexus made a ultimate luxury sedan like the maybach for 250,000 would you buy it? even if it was the exact same in quality and luxury as the maybach? i dont think so... a mercedes sedan is just a mercedes and the 300,000 dollar pricetag is unjustified.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:23 PM

well in the part where i wrote EVERY benz sedan, obvoiusly that would include the s-class. if lexus made a ultimate luxury sedan like the maybach for 250,000 would you buy it? even if it was the exact same in quality and luxury as the maybach? i dont think so... a mercedes sedan is just a mercedes and the 300,000 dollar pricetag is unjustified.
especially when you have to pay extra for ventilated seats. such a BS. for 300K i think they could've make the venti seats standard
Old 07-11-2003, 08:46 PM

Lexus GS 450h
It seems the magazines are not thrilled with the design either, hell a V-12 S 600 offers some of it for hella less. From pics, IMO, it lacks precense or the Bentley or even the huge VW Rolls.

But hey, people that buy these cars for 300k are like us buying an $18 shirt.
Old 07-12-2003, 05:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
well ive seen the maybach at the beverly hills mercedes... its hella ugly.. looks like a cheap american car from behind. RR phantom for sure...