Maybach (W240) Produced 2002-2012

The Mayback is here! Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by vraa
Those leg room statements were probably refering to the Maybach 62.

oh damn. i hope you didnt tell me that the last time i complained about the leg room in the other pictures.

guess you gotta be a Texan to understand what vraa is talking about.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Uh, It's alright, not great..
If they did small changes on the outside, like that big ugly grill and rims, that car can look pretty nice I would think. But oh well- I guess they wanted it ugly.

How is everything on the inside? Like the quality of buttons and storage spaces and stuff?
Old 09-04-2003, 12:42 PM

All of the above
Hi guys,

Just back from vacation. Yes I meant a loaded CL55 for $130K.

Since eveyone seems to like it so much I will remind you that is available for immediate delivery. $317K
Old 09-04-2003, 07:01 PM

Put our word out about the dislikes.....if you can and maybe they'll improve it and get more business! For crying out loud MB wanted no interference between the MAYBACH and S-class but yet the S has a better exterior as is for the current version and looks more expenise(on the exterior only)!!!! I mean what is Mercedes trying to pull here????

DOMINIC
Old 09-04-2003, 07:21 PM

All of the above
Dominic,

So does that mean you are going to finance or lease the Maybach? Wire transfer? I'll look for the funds.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:12 PM

Exclamation

Sorry, but no I currently don't have the funding for a car like that and won't for a long time (if ever). My grandparents have the money, but they're not really into the old granny cars yet! Even if I could purchase a Maybach I wouldn't because it looks worse(on the outside) than the BMW 7 and that's saying a lot!!!! Maybe the next generation!!!???

DOMINIC

P.S.- Thanks anyway!!!!
Old 09-05-2003, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by Dominic
Sorry, but no I currently don't have the funding for a car like that and won't for a long time (if ever). My grandparents have the money, but they're not really into the old granny cars yet! Even if I could purchase a Maybach I wouldn't because it looks worse(on the outside) than the BMW 7 and that's saying a lot!!!! Maybe the next generation!!!???

DOMINIC

P.S.- Thanks anyway!!!!

To each his own, but I think that you are exagerating on your feelings toward the Maybach. No one can deny that the interior on this thing is top notch. Like any other benz, the interior layout is a work of art. I personally don't think that the exterior is all that bad. There's only so much you can do to a car this size, without it being clunky. What exactly is it about the exterior that you dislike so intensely? The fact that the Maybach isn't worth the $300k is irrelevant because this car is aimed at individuals who's net worth is $10MM+. Bentley stated this about the Arnage Final Edition, which costs about $380k. When you compare the offerings from RR, MB and Bentley, the Maybach is the way to go in terms of cosmetics, performance and technology. If you didn't like the Maybach before and you don't like it now, then the Maybach never was for you.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by Dominic

DOMINIC

P.S.- Thanks anyway!!!!

To each his own, but I think that you are exagerating on your feelings toward the Maybach. No one can deny that the interior on this thing is top notch. Like any other benz, the interior layout is a work of art. I personally don't think that the exterior is all that bad. There's only so much you can do to a car this size, without it being clunky. What exactly is it about the exterior that you dislike so intensely? The fact that the Maybach isn't worth the $300k is irrelevant because this car is aimed at individuals who's net worth is $10MM+. Bentley stated this about the Arnage Final Edition, which costs about $380k. When you compare the offerings from RR, MB and Bentley, the Maybach is the way to go in terms of cosmetics, performance and technology. If you didn't like the Maybach before and you don't like it now, then the Maybach never was for you.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:52 AM

Originally posted by internet_mafia
You have excellent points, but most of all it's the fact it isn't worth the $300K price tag and it's humpback design that I don't like! That's about all, but when I think about comparing the S-class to the Maybach I would still take an S-class(it's sportier looks) and it just worries me of what MB will do to the W221 S-class after seeing the Maybach design! I hope you understand because I can't really explain it any better than this. Thanks for your input!

DOMINIC