Drove a Maybach

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 02:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 32 ///AMG
Drove a Maybach

A family member got a Maybach earlier in the year. I got to drive it 50 miles there and 50 back. I got to drive it alone with no passangers to go to the gas station and opened it up! Wow..... When I opened it up first I was going about 45 then used the tiptronic to downshift and shifted up till I hit about 130 really quickly. For the massive weight of the vehicle the acceleration is amazing but not even close to the performance braking. Through the gears you can not even feel it shift. There is very little lag in the turbos and the only time I heard them spool at all was when I had the window open and popped the hood. The suspension is alittle too soft for me (used to the stiffer AMG suspension in my c32) It is adjustable and a beautiful car. I had never gotten so many looks going down the 91 in all of my life. I was going 80ish in the carpool lane and cars would pull next to me and stay there for a mile or so just pointing and staring. Overall it is impressive and well built. I put it next to my aunts S class as I did not know too much about the car at the time and was wondering if it was just a really modified S class but it is much taller, longer, and wider. The other feature that was amazing (which I was told is an option on the x5 and 760) is the solar panel on the top works to keep the air conditioner on when the car is off and after being outside for hours, I got in it and it was 65 which the thermostat was set to. The refrigerator in the venter console was kind of weak and unimpressive. The alpine TV's gave a high quality picture and the sound system beats that of movie theatres. Anyways for those of you who want to see some pictures of it next to my C32 and my dads 911 turbo can visit my cardomain website.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
you should put a quick link.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Almost a Member!

C 32 ///AMG
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/574076

My car does not have those mods. It was gonna, but the guy backed out last minute
Old 05-27-2004, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
They are WONDERFUL machines aren't they?...I got to flog 6 different Maybachs last year on a track...the highlite of my year (car wise) next to taking a buds Porsche GT-2 around Lime Rock race track with no one in site.

Congrats on your family members success too !!! Hope it trickles down to you in the future. I hate you...
Old 06-13-2004, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
maybachs are great looking cars and the interior is very well appointed. i especially like the maybach emblems on the projector headlamp lense.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:39 PM

2001 C320 (Sold), 2006 CLS 55 AMG Capri blue/cashmere beige (April Delivery)
Maan, out of all Maybach colors i've seen, this is the sexiest color. Amazing