keyless Go opens doors when wet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 08:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC Coupe, 250d AMG Line, Premium Plus, Night Pack.
keyless Go opens doors when wet

I'm new to Mercedes and Keyless go, my new GLC AMG Line Coupe has keyless go and I've found that when hosing my car down with the keys in my pocket the doors keep unlocking and locking. Obviously the finger sensor senses the water and unlocks the door. This is very alarming, could this happen when it's raining if I walk past the car with the keys in my pocket leaving the car unlocked. Has anybody else experienced this. It's nothing to do with pressure as the lightest touch with a finger unlocks the doors and when I spray it with a fine mist with no pressure it unlocks and locks continuously.

Last edited by RickZ; 02-24-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
Well in theory, the rain would have to be completely concentrated at that one location... just like the water coming out of your hose blasting towards the handle. You'd also have to be at the right distance and right time for that to happen. Near impossible for something like that to happen given the circumstances. Plus the car will automatically lock after a while you are away from the car with your key
Old 05-14-2017, 05:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC Coupe, 250d AMG Line, Premium Plus, Night Pack.
Originally Posted by W204Chris
Well in theory, the rain would have to be completely concentrated at that one location... just like the water coming out of your hose blasting towards the handle. You'd also have to be at the right distance and right time for that to happen. Near impossible for something like that to happen given the circumstances. Plus the car will automatically lock after a while you are away from the car with your key
The unlock door sensor is on the back of the door handles hence the need hold a handle wrapping my fingers around the back to unlock where locking requires me just to touch the square pad on the front of any handle. The doors unlock whilst using a spray nozzle suggesting perhaps water running down the back of any handle unlocks the doors with the key in my pocket. I agree wouldn't happen unless the key is near enough to the car which it isn't unless in my pocket. I'm thinking of the scenario where I get out of my GLC in the rain and lock it, whilst walking away with the key still in range the rain unlocks it without me knowing. Mr opportunist sees this happen and opens the door which then stops it locking again, they then take the opportunity to take what they wish. I use the Mercedes Me app which indicates whether the car is locked or unlocked but I don't think it actually alarms when it's unlocked with the key out of range. I have to open the app to check and if unlocked I can re lock it via the app. I assume with the key out of range once the relock timer times out the security system will sense the door is open and somebody's in the car then hopefully set the alarm off. The sure fire way off eliminating the risk of anything like this happening is to double press the lock button on the remote every time you lock the car, this switches keyless entry off...