Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Piss-poor navigation system, cruise control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
****-poor navigation system, cruise control

the navigation system on my 2014 Ml350 should be an embarrassment for Mercedes. My $100 TomTom is 1000% better. In fact, this might get me in an Audi Q7, I rented one in Germany, unbelievable better then Mercedes. When are they updating it?
I love the distronic cruise control, but will some body explain to me why they could not fall back into a normal control when the front radar detector gets plugged with snow in the mountains? This should be a simple software adjustment. 600 miles in snow and darkness, NO cruise control!
Old 07-17-2018, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Originally Posted by axel_wg
the navigation system on my 2014 Ml350 should be an embarrassment for Mercedes. My $100 TomTom is 1000% better. In fact, this might get me in an Audi Q7, I rented one in Germany, unbelievable better then Mercedes. When are they updating it?
I love the distronic cruise control, but will some body explain to me why they could not fall back into a normal control when the front radar detector gets plugged with snow in the mountains? This should be a simple software adjustment. 600 miles in snow and darkness, NO cruise control!
In 2014 Mercedes benz switched over to a Garmin navigation system. It is a cheap piece of S--t. Nothing but the best!!!!. I agree the TomTom is much better. I finally forced them to replace the head unit after the navigation being broken for months. I think they put in a 2013 unit because now I can put my address in. They had the car for almost 2 weeks because they had no idea how to fix so the finally replaced it.