MB SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels Vendor Classfieds
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SPRINTER. NO CRANK, NO START

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2020, 08:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S CLASS W221 S350 AWD, M CLASS W164 ML350 SUV, ROLLS-ROYCE SILVER SERAPH, ASTON MARTIN V12 VANQUISH
SPRINTER. NO CRANK, NO START

I have problem with a 2011 Sprinter, with a no crank, no start. Absolutely nothing happens when the Ignition switch is the position 3 (start), No click, Nothing. Have checked everything out and nothing shows up on my Star diagnosis. Can get the engine to turn over by grounding out the respective terminal on the starter relay, so everything is OK up to there. Gear selector moves and shows positioning on the dash. I think something between the ignition switch and the next thing on, whatever it is, (it is obviously not direct to the starter solenoid). The thing I am trying to find out, (which you would think would be so simple to get answered, but even my local M-B dealer can't), is what terminal / wire color on the ignition switch should become live (or ground) when the ignition is in position three (Start). Something must go somewhere from the ignition switch when in the start position, but with the electronic nightmare, box of tricks, ignition switches are nowadays, nothing can be seen by taking it apart. Anyone any suggestions?