Sponsored by:

2012 116 vito electrical issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 04:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 116 automatic veto
2012 116 vito electrical issue

While driving the ignition shuts off and does not have any fault modes saved. I found if I disconnect the battery and reconnect it, the system resets and I can drive for between 50km and upto 1000k before it reoccurs. I have had it inspected at a MB dealer who could not diagnose the problem,. The tried changing relays and PC board without success. I have met another owner with the same year and model having the same issue's and his MB dealer has failed finding the cause. I have nearly had 3 accidents due to no power steering when ithe ingnition shuts down . When it first happened I had all the blown light globe warning light scroll through and after trying to start the motor by removing the key from ignition and putting it in to start, the dash would not turn on and it looked like a flat battery so I put a new battery in and everything seemed fine for approximately 200 km of driving and it shutting down again. After changing the battery again I tested the battery and found it was OK. Thats when I worked out to disconnect the battery and reconnect it which seems to reset the computer in the van, however the issue is not fixed and no fault codes appear when MB technicians check. Sometimes while driving the ignition shuts down and the power steering warning light comes on for a couple of seconds and the motor comes back to life for upto 20km of driving shutting down intermittently until I reset it by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.
Please help me with any suggestions.

Last edited by Steven Stratidi; 03-16-2023 at 05:03 AM.