MBWorld Featured Car of the Month Contest Featured Mercedes Benz contest submissions, voting, and showcasing.

07 c280 whining like a *****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2024, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 c280 whining like a *****

So My ac went hot and it was clear I have an extreme freon leak. At the same time my car started whining so I parked it and did an ac delete with the duralast 910 k6 belt, however after the ac delete she is still whining! Anyone have any insight?
Im not anoe to upload a vidro but reach out and ill be happy to send one to you
Old 09-16-2024, 09:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E320
Hey C2804maticno, it sounds like you've stumbled upon a classic case of belt or pulley noise. Since you’ve already deleted the AC and are using a bypass belt, the whining may be coming from one of the remaining pulleys or from the tensioner itself, especially if it's not applying the right amount of pressure on the belt. Sometimes, when the AC compressor has issues, it can transfer stress onto adjacent components, leading to premature wear or failure, and now that the compressor is out of the picture, you might still hear residual noise from damaged pulleys or bearings. Iust keep in mind that without the AC compressor, the belt routing can lead to increased load on other parts, so I would definitely inspect the serpentine belt tensioner and idler pulleys for wear. Just remember, when it comes to cars, if they start whining, it usually means they want attention, not a favorite song! Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
C2804maticno (09-16-2024)
Old 09-16-2024, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimyj
Hey C2804maticno, it sounds like you've stumbled upon a classic case of belt or pulley noise. Since you’ve already deleted the AC and are using a bypass belt, the whining may be coming from one of the remaining pulleys or from the tensioner itself, especially if it's not applying the right amount of pressure on the belt. Sometimes, when the AC compressor has issues, it can transfer stress onto adjacent components, leading to premature wear or failure, and now that the compressor is out of the picture, you might still hear residual noise from damaged pulleys or bearings. Iust keep in mind that without the AC compressor, the belt routing can lead to increased load on other parts, so I would definitely inspect the serpentine belt tensioner and idler pulleys for wear. Just remember, when it comes to cars, if they start whining, it usually means they want attention, not a favorite song! Good luck!

I appreciate the input! Yeah I'm thinking it's another pulley im just having trouble identifying because they all seem to be intact and the belt runs smooth. I'm just lapper gasted because I thought for sure when I deleted the A.c the whining would stop. I've not driven since the ac went out or since the delete only just around the block to test it out. Power steering seems good and I'm not getting hot, also My alternator has been replaced last year. So I'm willing to bet it's one of my 2 idler pulleys.