Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Frentzen left Arrows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2002 | 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Frentzen left Arrows

Arrows announced on Thursday that Heinz-Harald Frentzen will not drive for them anymore on this season. The reason for bringing their contractual relationship to an end was that the future of Arrows is so uncertain. Frentzen said thanks to the the team for the 12 races he has had with them. Frentzen added that the team definitely has real potential so he hopes they can sort their problems out and realise their goals. Frentzen's future is unclear. And it's yet unclear who will drive Arrows with Enrique Bernoldi for Hungarian GP.
Old 08-07-2002 | 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
One of the rumors flying about is that he will go back to Jordan, as one of Jordan's big sponsors would like a German on the team. Guess they'd have to drop all of the lawsuits ongoing due to his sacking last year.

Also, of interest, if Arrows and another team were to fold (bringing the number of cars competing to 18) - the rules allow for the top teams to run three cars. That would be interesting.

BT

Last edited by trench; 08-07-2002 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-12-2002 | 12:38 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Originally posted by trench
Also, of interest, if Arrows and another team were to fold (bringing the number of cars competing to 18) - the rules allow for the top teams to run three cars. That would be interesting.
BT
Three car teams would be interesting... not to mention even more expensive for those who do. I wonder if Ferrari would do it, though, since everyone knows the world at Ferrri revolves around only one driver. (why have two #2 drivers behind MS?) I can see McLaren fielding three cars, and possibly Williams or Renault. But money would be an issue for the latter two.
Old 08-12-2002 | 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
The only teams who in my opinion would be able to afford it would be Ferrari, McLaren, Jaguar (Ford next season?), and Toyota. The only teams who I would expect to run three cars however, would be McLaren and Jaguar.