Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Monaco Qualifying

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jcHr...macher%20cheat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF0Jh...macher%20cheat
Old 06-15-2006, 10:55 AM

SLK55 AMG, BMW X5 3.0d Sport
Goggles....Schumacher is a cheat. End of...... JV has resigned from GPDA cos he has seen it first hand and know that the German is just lying scum.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Honestly, I'm not sure if cheating is the same as bending/breaking the rules. For all we know, MS was ordered by Ferrari team management to park the car, or to contrive an incident to preserve his pole.

It's not like the FIA interprets the rules predictably in every case, so my guess is that (all) teams weigh the consequences in view of the potential benefits in a given situation and play their cards to see what happens. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. It's all part of the game. Remember the BAR team fuel tank "cheat" last year (or was it 2004?) or the flexing front wing issues of late?

So I think cheating is too strong a word. Intentionally bending/breaking the rules, yes. Auto racing is all about stretching the boundaries of technologies and the regulations that try to keep it in check. So, it's inevitable that teams/drivers run afoul at times.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:28 AM

C230k, A170, Mustang GT Convertable
Originally Posted by MB-BOB
Honestly, I'm not sure if cheating is the same as bending/breaking the rules. For all we know, MS was ordered by Ferrari team management to park the car, or to contrive an incident to preserve his pole.

It's not like the FIA interprets the rules predictably in every case, so my guess is that (all) teams weigh the consequences in view of the potential benefits in a given situation and play their cards to see what happens. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. It's all part of the game. Remember the BAR team fuel tank "cheat" last year (or was it 2004?) or the flexing front wing issues of late?

So I think cheating is too strong a word. Intentionally bending/breaking the rules, yes. Auto racing is all about stretching the boundaries of technologies and the regulations that try to keep it in check. So, it's inevitable that teams/drivers run afoul at times.
Not to but I am new to the forum and had to put in my 0.02.

I think cheating is too mild a word. Cheating enhances the performance of your car and costs you a 2 race suspension(BAR Imola 05). That was a deliberate attempt to sabatoge the performance of others which IMO is much worse. I think he got off light.