Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Jordan Ford

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Exclamation Jordan Ford

Eddie Jordan said he had reached an agreement with Ford to use Cosworth engines for the next three years starting in 2003, with the team been known as Jordan-Ford. This means that they will now be going head to head with the Jaguar team who use the same engines.

"We are very proud that Jordan and Ford and Cosworth will be working together for the next three years or so,"Eddie Jordan said.

Ford's offer of supplying their reputedly powerful engines for free to Jordan must be seen as a major coup. A free works engine deal is regarded as a valuable head start in Formula One.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 K
During the race the Speed commentators mentioned that this deal is courtesy of Ford Europe - JagF1 gets its funding from the Premier Motor Group (Jaguar, Volvo and Land Rover). I think this is the beginning of the end of the Jaguar F1 team, I've surmised before that it wouldn't surprise me if that when the Jaguar F1 team disappears that the Fords motors in the Jordan would suddenly aquire Jaguar-branded cam covers to prevent losing face.

Cheers, BT