Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

U.S GP Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2002 | 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes | Bmw | Audi
U.S GP Thoughts?

Firstly, Im Mad at McLaren again Blowing Up! (KR)
Secondly, Why doesnt DC keep up?
With one stop too he was behind the Ferraris!

Thirdly, Is Ralf Stupid to do what He did? Im sure now he's gonna try blame it on montoya! Both ways Williams is nuts!

And FINALLY! I loved the END!

Was it on purpose or not but sure excited me when RB won over MS by just like 0.011 Secs!!

But Damn McLaren GET UR WORK done for 2003 pleaseeeeeeee ..
Now I dun care for Japan anymore!!
Old 09-30-2002 | 03:01 AM

E55 AMG
I hated the end. Schumi screwed up, you could tell by the look on his face. F1 is suppose to be the top form of racing, there is no room for such horse play in my book. The winner should take the race, not gift it away. I don't think he meant to gift it either, was just fussing around trying to get the perfect photo finish. What a sham!
Old 09-30-2002 | 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
I agree with mikE55, Schumacher was trying to orchestrate the closest finish in F1 history - unfortunately for him, RB screwed up and accidently got ahead of him. You could tell by the po-faced look he was sporting in the press conferance that he fully intended to win and not gift the race to RB.

Funny thing was I said to my friends as we watched the finish, wouldn't it be funny if RB surged ahead to steal a victory from MS at the end?

Originally posted by MBMWAUDI
Firstly, Im Mad at McLaren again Blowing Up! (KR)
Secondly, Why doesnt DC keep up?
With one stop too he was behind the Ferraris!

But Damn McLaren GET UR WORK done for 2003 pleaseeeeeeee ..
KR had a spark plug fail, for most of his race he was running on nine cylinders, and actually doing a pretty good job. I think he would have finished fifth, but the plug eventually broke and wrecked the motor.

For the beginnning of 2003, McLaren is planning to use a revised version of the current chassis with a new rearend, gearbox and motor, the MP4-17D. Hopefully they will be able to challenge Ferrari once the season starts. I've heard Williams and McLaren plan to share some data to enable Michelin to design tires that better suit both cars. As an aside, I think they probably would have been closer to Ferrari this year if they had remained on the Bridgestone rubber. It also looks to me that after Ferrari wrapped up the 2002 season both Williams and McLaren drastically slowed development of their 2002 cars to concentrate on 2003. This is apparent by the relative gains made by some of the other teams (such as Jag, who need to generate good results this year to justify their existence to Ford).

Looking forward to 2003, BT

Last edited by trench; 09-30-2002 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-30-2002 | 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes | Bmw | Audi
I hope Mclaren really do good next year and not again act like losers like last and current year!!
Old 10-01-2002 | 09:19 AM
hrh
Almost a Member!

C230K
I had no trouble with the end, it doesn't trivialize the sport, it merely trivializes the competition. If a team has the luxury of orchestrating a wheel to wheel finish, that's a problem with the competiton, not a problem with the dominating team. The rest of F1 has to get on their game, or go home. Audis, Porsche, etc. have lined up after 24 hours of racing at Daytona, and the crowd goes nuts.

Remember when MS spun in the infield in the wet when he was so bored out in front, he lost concentration. There was no uproar then. Personally, I'd rather have the drivers staying awake by playing harmless games.