Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Barrichello admits Ferrari team orders

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't have a Mercedes right now...
Barrichello admits Ferrari team orders

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/...i-team-orders/

I believe that something similar is going on with Heikki Kovalainen and McLaren. I think that in a few years time Kov is going to come ahead and reveal certain things that McLaren are hiding behind their walls.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
none of this is new news! of course theres gonna be team orders! and if rubens and H.K don't like it they should go drive for honda or better yet the force india!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:14 PM

cls 55 amg, clk 320
i dont see his point. did he forget that he won 0 championships in the same seasons that his team mate won 5 championships. Ofcourse he has to move over, he was by far slower.
Plus the way how he executed those orders resulted in major changes when it comes to team orders. He should have been more professional and done it subtly, not slow down before the finish line. If i was the team principal i would have probably fired him for that.

Ever since that stupid incident of his, teams have been struggling to have the #1 drivers overtake their teamates.
If i was in Barichello's place i wouldnt be opening up and exposing this kind of info, because so far its just proving that he was only fit to be a #2 driver.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by hatem
i dont see his point. did he forget that he won 0 championships in the same seasons that his team mate won 5 championships. Ofcourse he has to move over, he was by far slower.
Plus the way how he executed those orders resulted in major changes when it comes to team orders. He should have been more professional and done it subtly, not slow down before the finish line. If i was the team principal i would have probably fired him for that.

Ever since that stupid incident of his, teams have been struggling to have the #1 drivers overtake their teamates.
If i was in Barichello's place i wouldnt be opening up and exposing this kind of info, because so far its just proving that he was only fit to be a #2 driver.

Totally agreed with you.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:36 AM

Don't have a Mercedes right now...
Originally Posted by hatem

I don't agree with you, Schumacher's abilities are undisputed but how can you conclude that Barichello was "far slower" knowing that a) he always had inferior fuel strategy than Schumacher b) less support from the team and not only that, they were actually ordering him to stand down and let his Schumi win. How do you know that he wouldn't be able to win championships if he had the team behind him? How can you say that he is slow when under those conditions he still holds up to this day the lap records for Monza and Montreal GP.

Look at Massa, as soon as Schumacher left he instantly became a championship contender before that he wasn't allowed to.

I am not saying that this was wrong fro Ferrari to do because it obviously worked for them and apparently schumi was there before Barichello obviously having the ability to direct the team to develop a great car but all the fuzz about who are or were the best drivers in F1 is totally meaningless knowing all the politics behind the scenes.

McLaren is obviously doing the same thing with Kovalainen even thought they don't openly admit it. Granted that he had a bunch of misfortunes in the beginning of the year and lost points, McLaren should had still announced that Hami would receive No1 status for the remainder of the season because of that. I don't blame Kovalainen for loosing his spirit after the half of the season, he had no place at Renault because Alonso didn't want to have a competitive teammate and thus he had to take the offer from McLaren with whatever conditions asked. That's what I think happened.

Last edited by kchristos; 12-01-2008 at 11:44 AM.