Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Massa has 2 skull fractures, one by the eye and another at the base of the skull

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife wild, but she loves every minute of it.
Massa has 2 skull fractures, one by the eye and another at the base of the skull

According to this report, Massa has two skull fractures, one by the eye, and another at the base of the skull.

A hospital spokesman said: "At the time he was admitted to hospital his condition was stable and his breathing and blood circulation was normal. During the course of his examination they established that he had suffered serious, life-threatening injuries including loss of consciousness and a fracture of the forehead on the left side and a fracture on the base of the skull. After the operation he is being cared for in intensive care and now he is in stable, satisfactory condition."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...453738,00.html

God Speed you to a full and fast recovery.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:25 PM

Today I read that Felipe is in a medically induced coma. I suspect he'll be out for the season - if not more. This reminds me too much of Moss's 1962 accident, as well as Harry Surtees and Ayrton Senna's.

God Speed you to a swift and full recovery, Felipe.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:15 PM

05 SL500, 02 BMW Z3 (Mrs. VF), 05 FJR1300, 91 ZX-11
Just finished watching the delayed broadcast of the race. At the beginning they had a piece on the accident that included some super slo mo of the spring bouncing up and impacting Massa's head. Guy is lucky to be alive.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by velvet fog
Just finished watching the delayed broadcast of the race. At the beginning they had a piece on the accident that included some super slo mo of the spring bouncing up and impacting Massa's head. Guy is lucky to be alive.
SlugTV's commentators said the 1.75 pound spring hit his head with over 1,000 pounds of force. Horrible accident.

God Speed you Felipe.