Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Monaco 2012 Grand Prix? Anyone going?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 423 Likes on 349 Posts
MB’s
Monaco 2012 Grand Prix? Anyone going?

Will anyone be attending the 2012 Monaco Grand Prix this year? My girlfriend and I were looking to go maybe next year. Anyone have any stories to share about it? I was looking at passes to this even. Does $500 seem about a ballpark price?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG, CLK550
My best friend and I went years ago. He was going to take the lady he was seeing but at the last minute she hit the road. He called and said I have a ticket if you want to go... We did.... My God what an amazing time. We stayed at the Loews Hotel (now the Grand Hotel) and we sat in the K-grandstands for the race at Tabacs corner. Watched Qualifying from the top of the hotel. Stood next to the TV camera! The race was great and the entire week was well worth the price of admission. Would I go again? Hell yes!!!!! Gotta hit the lottery first!
Old 03-24-2012, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 423 Likes on 349 Posts
MB’s
Originally Posted by F1Bobby
My best friend and I went years ago. He was going to take the lady he was seeing but at the last minute she hit the road. He called and said I have a ticket if you want to go... We did.... My God what an amazing time. We stayed at the Loews Hotel (now the Grand Hotel) and we sat in the K-grandstands for the race at Tabacs corner. Watched Qualifying from the top of the hotel. Stood next to the TV camera! The race was great and the entire week was well worth the price of admission. Would I go again? Hell yes!!!!! Gotta hit the lottery first!
That does sound like an amazing time! My girlfriend has been wanting to go for the longest time now. Someday soon We live in the USA and flying to Europe for such a short time would not be worth it. We would have to make a vacation out of it to justify to flight. About how much were you paying for passes? I keep seeing $500 so I am guessing that is a propor price to pay?
Old 03-25-2012, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG, CLK550
In 1990 in the K-Grandstand (Tabac corner) I recall it was about $350.00 USD for Sunday only. I watched qualifying from the top of the Loew's Hotel. Thursday practice was viewed from a boat. It was BIG money for the race week and I understand there are no bargins in Monaco "EVER"! If you're and F1 fan or if F1 is a sickness (I have that!) then Monaco is a must do at least once. If you just want to see a race go to Spain or Spa.