Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Monaco Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monaco Grand Prix

Except that the McLarens didn't finish, that was a really exciting race. I was glad to see Scum-macher come out the loser of one of his trademark swerving manuevers. That overrated a-hole is always trying to crash other cars out. Fisichella is an overrated idiot, too. What was he thinking, blasting through the cloud of smoke while the cars in front of him were slowing (the Ferraris almost completely stopped)? And Alonso showed his inexperience. And a battle for 1st place all the way to the checkered flag. Good race.

Does anybody else use the FIA's live timing and scoring? I always set my laptop up on the sofa and watch the timing and scoring, not only for positions and lap times, but also for knowing what's going on off-camera and during commercials, when cars pit, and for getting news flashes.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree. I'm also glad to see Schuie finally lose out from his own antics. And the nerve of Ross Brawn, his engineer, I think, tries to blame Montoya for ramming him. Really, what, and where was Montoya supposed to go when he got brake checked that hard? I bet Montoya is laughing his a** off about the whole incident. He's right as to what he said. What Schuie did and where he did it was just plain stupid. As for Alonso, it wasn't wise to pass where he tried to. But he says Ralf set him up by letting him pass, then getting back on the throttle and forcing him wide. I guess only Ralf knows about that one.

All in all, an excellent race. For once, it wasn't boring. But with it being the Monaco GP, the glamor sure helps for an exciting race.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:03 AM

And now....come on June! Up to Montreal for 5 days with my buddies, three days home, then a short drive down to Indy for 4 days.

Life in June is good!
Old 05-26-2004, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
tonewheel, you're going to the race in Indy? I'll be there. Grandstand J I believe.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:42 AM

C 32 AMG (203.065)
I'm a bit late here hehe..

yeh, was an exciting race. Good to see that scumbag Schumacher not win the race. Hope we'll have better luck in the F1 next season. After all, McLaren-Mercedes is going to have Montoya and they just fired thier engine-chief Laurenz yesterday.. way to go
Old 05-28-2004, 10:12 AM

Yeah, it's just one bad year out of many great seasons for McLaren. I doubt they will suck for 30 years like Ferrari did.