Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Race outcome?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2004 | 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Race outcome?

I was not able to watch the race this weekend, can anyone tell me what happend to Kimi's car again? I noticed he had a DNF.
Old 08-17-2004 | 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
it seems like his engine kept cutting out. That's what Kimi said immediately after the race. The Formula 1 official DNF reason states that it was an electrical problem with the McLaren. Bumm deal for KIMI ! He deserves much better from MB-McLaren !
He shouldn't be having these problems this far into the race season ! Coulthard is driving like a sissy, so why not put all your effort into someone who actually has a chance at winning ! KIMI is McLaren's best hope of at least achieving one win this season ! Carlos / Saprissa@aol.com
Old 08-17-2004 | 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Thank you. Yeah, i dont understand the reliability issues this year, last year Kimi almost won the championship, this year he's only gotten 1 podium finish Coulthard has no *****, i agree Mclaren should have concentrated all it's efforts on Kimi's car.
Old 08-18-2004 | 01:38 PM

It's just pathetic to see how many problems they are having. DC is practically useless to the team. I suspect that the engines have been less than reliable throughout the season, except for the crazy rear wing failure of Kimi's car. I'm hoping that next year things will be better with Montoya and Kimi taking the race to Ferrari.

Quite honestly all of the top teams should just recruit the top engineers from Ferrari to gain parity.
Old 08-20-2004 | 08:27 AM

05 E500
What's worse is that Ron Dennis is said to be at Kimi's throat.

You should see the newsgroups around the world...

rec.autos.sport.f1

"Ron Dennis attacks Kimi for Kimi's rudeness." "Ron Dennis disgraces Mercedes on their home turf." " McLaren = Spinal Tap of Formula 1."

Of course, these forums can get ugly, even outright childish.

This said, next yeat MB is supposed to have a much improved program, and with Montoya and Kimi (if they get past this little mishap), this could be great.