Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

w126 Diesel climate control probs ( specifically the heater and blower portion)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w126 Diesel climate control probs ( specifically the heater and blower portion)

For some reason my blower motor quit working, except when my engine is revved up to high rpms. After observing it, I think that the blower RPM is directly related to engine RPM, which is just totally weird as far as I'm concerned. Honestly, it gains RPMs as my engine does.... Then it just blows heat, no matter what I do to the settings. Blower was replaced last summer, and the AC compressor is fine (although I wasn't able to be sure if it was coming on or not when i was playing with the settings). I also checked the fuses for the fan, which are fine. I've got a 300 mile trip coming up as soon as it starts to get hot around here, and would like to get this resolved so I don't have heat blasting at my face while my cars going 3800 RPM for 5 hours. Assuming I can't get this fixed before my trip, should I just go ahead and pull the fuses for any/all heater/ac related systems?
Thanks for any suggestions in advance!
Old 04-19-2005, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1989 300SE, 2002 FORD Crown Vic Police Interceptor
Try resoldering the pushbutton section first.