Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is It The Tranny?? Or Something Else??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2005 | 08:13 PM

CLK 430
Is It The Tranny?? Or Something Else??

Hi all...
I have had to experience within the past two weeks where i push on the gas hard ..i believe its in first gear and all i get is rpms ...and the car doesn't accelerate til i back off and give it gas again. I don't have much issue then off the start. My gosh I hope its something external to the tranny....anyone have the issue before...your responses are greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!

Last edited by Q2SUPHOMIES; 04-19-2005 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2005 | 07:22 PM

I do not know if this is related or not. A few years ago I had a similiar but different problem. When in neutral and shifting back to drive there would be a lag of over a second until the transmission was actually in drive. The first thing the MB service guy asked me was "Does it do the same thing when you accelerate hard?". I had not noticed that.
I think it was fixed by replacing a sensor somewhere. I will post the part if I can find those service records.
Bill
Old 04-29-2005 | 06:38 AM

Sounds very much like an internal issue with the 722.6 transmission. Possibly a valve body issue or a clutch pack issue. I would get it checked out as soon as possible. Some times small transmission issues with those boxes turn into large transmission issues if they are left alone.