Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF Adaptation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430
MAF Adaptation

I read the recent thread on 'MAF' adaption after replacing the AMM (MAF). I replaced the MAF a while ago and the car ran fine after that repair without manual reset.

I recently added a custom 3" aluminum air intake to the car that required relocating the MAF and running longer wires. I fixed the P0100 and P0110 (circuit failure) codes that resulted from a bad connection, and reset the MIL light more than once. No more pending or hard codes since then.

Now the car "falls flat" (i.e. bogs down, hesitates) from 1800 RPM's up through 3000 RPM's, but it pulls hard from 3000 up to redline. It does not seem to be relearning for the increased air flow. I dont have access to equipment to monitor air flow and air/fuel mixture at the moment to provide exact numbers, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430
UPDATE.

FWIW, I disconnected the battery and reset windows, BAS and radio. Car is running fine now. If it happens again I'll let you know.