Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing the radio/navigation out of a '06 ML350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing the radio/navigation out of a '06 ML350

I'm in the process of installing an XM commander into a 2006 ML350 with a navigation/radio unit in the front. The new series doesn't seem to use Mercedes radio keys to remove the radio like the old series did. I've found access to the rear of the radio by removing the glovebox, but I also need help identifying the correct ant. jack to connect to. I've found a green ant. located right next to a brown ant. on the passenger side of the rear of the radio, then a blue ant. by itself on the driver's side of the rear of the radio. I'm assuming that the green and brown connections are for the satelite navigation, and the blue is for the radio, but I would prefer to find out for sure. If any of you can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 BMW M5
Nice and simple.. See the big piece of wood that the AC controls are on? Grab the bottom and pull out and kinda down at the same time, it takes some effort, one tip one either side of the wood at the bottom you will feel two push tabs, you might want to press those in as well just to be on the cautious side. After pulling that piece unscrew the two t15 torx screws holding the aluminum slides going up into the radio. After removing the screws slide the bars down. This takes a little effort, i take a screwdriver, put it against the slide and hit the screwdriver with a hammer lightly. After doing that radio pulls right out.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:00 AM

Thanks for the help on getting the dash off. I'm installing a wired fm modulated satelite radio, which will piggy back onto the existing radio signal. Only problem is that there are three antennas on the back, I am assuming that two of them (the tan and the green antennas connectors) are for Sirius antenna prewired into the car. There is a blue antenna that is left, does this handle both the gps navigation signal and the AM/FM signal in one wire? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also by hookin the FM modulator through this wire will it cause a problem?
Old 08-29-2014, 10:54 PM

2001 MERSEDES S500
I have a 2006 ml350, the screen says cannot read navigation dvd, tried to reset but still cannot read dvd, any answers?