Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! - 2000 Mercedes CLK 200 - Battery Dead, and cant get Trunk / Boot open!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!! - 2000 Mercedes CLK 200 - Battery Dead, and cant get Trunk / Boot open!

Hi All,

I need help.
I have a 2000 CLK 200 (RHD)

I have been away for a few months, and the battery has gone completely flat - the only way to get into the car is by using a key to unlock the door.

To make matters worse, the battery is located in the boot, and I cannot get into the boot to open it
I think the previous owner has damaged the boot lock, and it does not open at all with the keys (I have never had to use the key to open boot before -always been electronic).

What can i do? Is there any other way to "jumpstart" or "tap into" the battery from another part of the car - Only for 10 seconds whilst I hit the boot release button?

Your help will be much appreciated

Sanjay
mobyspares@gmail.com
Old 07-27-2005, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Try plugging a low amperage 12 Volt power source into the cigarette lighter. There are such items you can purchase that trickle charge the battery. This may give you enough juice to pop the trunk. If not try going in thru the rear seat by taking it out. Good luck!! And have the lock fixed!!
Old 07-27-2005, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Is the car unlocked? Can you access the engine compartment? If yes, look for the charging post covered by a red plastic box. This is the positive terminal. There should be a negative post mounted right to the fender.

If the car is locked and you cannot access the engine compartment, you may have to have someone from the auto club or other emergency road service open it for you. The cigarette lighter trick may not work as it requires the key to be in the accessory position and enough battery voltage to engage a relay. If the battery is flat, the cigarete lighter will remain disconnected from the rest of the electrical system.

Hope this helps.
Greg
Old 07-27-2005, 09:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 BMW M5
Have you tried putting the blade key in the trunk, turning it and then applying the handle? Try turning either way to the stop and then press the handle.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz 230e, 124
Dead Battery

Hi Sanjay,

You can get all the locks unlocked by rapping hard on the emergency lock release located below the passanger rear right passanger seat if your doors open if not an MB trained mechanic can still open by rapping the location hard by a hammer from outside.

If You are in Bangalore India, Call Shivadas on 9845383578 I AM SURE HE CAN HELP YOU.

Goodluck.
nandgopal