Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dallas area Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55
Dallas area Service

My '05 C55 started asking for Service A about 2 weeks ago. Apparently they've gone time sensative now? I previously had an '01 CLK55 and it supposedly tracked my driving habits and asked for service appropriately. I went ~13k before Service A....in about 18 months.

The C55 is ~9 months old with less than 6k miles on it. It started counting down days to service about 2 weeks ago (starting at 30 days).

That said, I called the 2 dealers I've dealt with in the Dallas area (Park Place and Ewing) and got estimates of $225 and ~$300 over the phone. Needless to say I'm curious about other options in the area.

Any Dallas area residents have suggestions on where to go for service?
Old 08-30-2005, 12:44 AM

'06 M5
I live in Dallas and I've been looking for another outfit I can trust to handle my E55 as well. Unfortunately I think we're stuck with Ewing or Park Place which I believe both lack good customer service (they are poor at returning phone calls and keeping me up-to-date with the status of my car).

I tried to have my car aligned once at European Autohaus (Dallas, Plano, and Frisco locations), but they screwed up the steering wheel and I ended up taking it to Park Place to have it redone. I've called Autoscope (in Dallas and Plano) and actually spoke with the owner. His attitude on the phone was absolutely horrid and would strongly suggest you stay as far away from them as possible.

Other than those I named I have no experience with anyone else. I know there are many small "mom & pop" shops who handle Mercedes (some are actually native German), but I don't want to assume that means they are MB Master Mechanics
Old 08-30-2005, 08:28 AM

'05 C55
Well hell...where in Frisco are you? I live at ~El Dorado & Preston.

Have you heard anything about Overseas Autohaus that just opened up on Preston? Been meaning to stop in there to ask one of these days.

I used Autoscope for tires on my CLK55. They are a Tire Rack distributor so you can order through them and get free labor on the install. Last time I was in we were talking about them getting more Mercedes business (they are primarily a BMW shop) but I don't know if it went anywhere. I haven't had them do anything besides mount/balance tires though.

Nice to find another Friscite/Frisconian/Frisco Person.