Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat problems......................

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
seat problems......................

my passenger seat works but only one thing doesn't..........the seat goes down and it'll only come up to a certain point.....i've heard of some things but don;t know which is the correct way to fixing it......i heard it can be the switch in the door panel and i also heard of something under the seat......

any ideas?
Old 09-07-2005, 09:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
'96 SL600, '05 S55 AMG, '06 C230
With the seat all the way to the bottom, does the switch make the seat go up at all... even a small amount? If so, the switch is probably good. I had some gears go bad in a passenger seat in an ‘88 420SEL. I surmised that the passenger seat got more movement than the driver's seat.

Take the car over to a good, local upholstery shop. You’d be surprised what a good shop can fix.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by MB-Dude
With the seat all the way to the bottom, does the switch make the seat go up at all... even a small amount? If so, the switch is probably good. I had some gears go bad in a passenger seat in an ‘88 420SEL. I surmised that the passenger seat got more movement than the driver's seat.

Take the car over to a good, local upholstery shop. You’d be surprised what a good shop can fix.
yea it does go up but half way..........i was thinking it could be a quick fix but once i change my interior out then i guess it can get fixed.......