Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Washer Resevoir Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 C230K Sport
Windshield Washer Resevoir Replacement

I noticed the windshield washer light was on the other day and stopped to top it off with fluid. The next day the light returned and sure enough the resevoir was empty. I saw a location where a leak was coming from. I ordered a replacement resevoir from MB, but they want $240 to install it. Can anyone give me any advice on how I can do this myself? This is for a 2000 C230K. There seems to be 2 mounting screws and it clips over the lip of another part of the engine bay. I'm not sure how the actual piece that sticks down into the basin and sucks up the fluid detaches.

This doesn't seem like it should be a hard job, but the dealer estimated 3 hours of labor which I thought excessive. Can anyone help me out here with some instruction or guidance? Much appreciated.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:39 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Did the job in 15 minutes. On the washer res. there should be a metal heat shield, under it, there is a pump that pumps the fluid to the washer. It was pretty simple, disconnect the two tubes running into the res. from the top first. Then it should bge pretty straight forward from there.