Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP installing multi-contour seats W210

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 09:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'00 E430, '83 Porsche 928S
HELP installing multi-contour seats W210

I have installed a set of contour seats in my 2000 MY E430. The car did not originally have this option.

Does anyone know the specifics of the pump hook-ups and whether or not the Pneumatic control unit powers the seat? I think I read that the Dealer would have to set the CAN BUS to allow the PSE to work with this option.

They also have heating pads built-in. There is a 4-prong connector on the seats that I assume is for the seat heaters. Is this correct? Is it possible to add a switch and 12-volt power to activate the heaters? Is there a harness in the vehicle if I added the console switches?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Larry
Old 10-12-2005, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Larry,
to use multicontour seats, you need to buy the air pump and the foam noise dampner with it. The system works with a single pressure line to both seats. When you activate the multicontour feature, pressure in the line drops and starts the pump. When pressure is high again, the pump stops. You can add the heated feature as well which would require a new switch row and new wood panel to hold the switches. You need the harness for the heated feature. It runs to both switches, fuse box, and the switch row on top. I may have a spare wood panel with heated seat cutouts but this panel is for nav equipped E classes. Any chance you have nav or need nav? drsunilpatel@mac.com