Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK MBTech, you'll love this one

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 11:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
OK MBTech, you'll love this one

Last time it was my aux. colling fans that stayed on forever on my brand new 2001 E430. Now, the windshield washer doesn't want to squirt anything anymore. I don't even want to bother with it 'cause I know it's not clogged. I suspect it's the washer motors - do we have a quality problem here??? So, one more trip to the shop that I wasn't planning on taking.
Old 12-11-2001, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Does anything at all happen when you hit the switch? Do the little "aliens" pop out of their housings at least? What happens?
Old 12-11-2001, 01:32 AM

ML
Not Much happens!!!

"Little Aliens", you had me laughing there for a while. I'll have to check on that. The wiper comes on and that's it. It hasn't rained here for a while so when it did over the wekend, my eyes were glued on the windshield and the road ahead of me (Not at 125 though). I didn't look at the displays but I'll let you know tomorrow - it's 1:32AM here in Salisbury, MD. Thanks for the reply and Good night.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
I misread your post, I thought you meant the headlight washers weren't working. Now I see it's the windshield washer. First, check to see if it has fluid in the bottle. Next, have somebody hit the washer switch while you stand under the hood and see if the pump is coming on at least. The washer pump is in the side of the fluid bottle. One time I had a complaint like this on a new S-class. There are two detents when you push the washer lever in. The first one just activates the wiper, then second detent turns the washer on. Make sure you're pushing the lever in all the way.