Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My SLK keeps dying!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
asdf
Unhappy My SLK keeps dying!

About two years ago my SLK got into an accident. After being repaired, the alternator died (while I was driving it on the freeway going 70 mph!) Ever since then, it has been replaced and ran fine. Two months ago the battery was replaced and suddenly last week the car didn't start. I figured the battery must've been faulty so I bought a new one. Two days later, the battery is drained. The lights turn on fine, but there doens't seem to be enough "juice" to actually start the car. BTW, when I jumpstart the car, everything runs fine, it just seems like the battery can't keep it's charge, or its constantly being drained. Can anyone diagnose the problem, identify which parts need to be replaced and approximate how much it should cost at a mechanic? Thanks for reading.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 CLS55 P030
You said it urself..battery cant keep a charge i.e. bad battery, ground, or alternator....or is constantly being drained i.e. shorted control unit, aft mkt stereo, light staying on...either way it is best to take it to a dealer to check it out. Ur looking at 1-2 hrs labor diag. mabe more/mabe less to fix