Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Changer Install in SLK32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy CD Changer Install in SLK32

After locating the fibre connections on the driver's side of the trunk access panel, I find another CD-control wire that does not properly fit the MB CD Changer and there are no other wires on the driver's side. There are, however, more fibre and analog control wires inside the passenger-side access panel.

1) Do I need another adapter from MB to fit the MB cd changer?

2) Where is the changer typically installed and how is it oriented? I recognize that holes in the trunk flooring my have to be drilled since there is no room behind the plastic molding inside the trunk.

I would take the car to MB for the install, but after being lied to by two different service departments, I will not spend $300 for them to "wire-up" my cd changer to a car that is pre-wired. In addition, after being told that the speakers would have to be wired to the cd-changer, I knew that I was dealing with incompetent people. The speakers are wired through the head unit.

Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers