Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't control volume on Nav system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 06:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
Can't control volume on Nav system

If we have the CD or Radio on we can't hear her say what's next. The Nav volume control setting has no function up or down. I had the car into the dealer for some other items last year...one of which was reprograming the Nav/Sound system with a firmware/software upgrade. Wonder if this caused this problem? Anyone else had this problem?

Last edited by sprink49; 02-08-2006 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C300, sport, black/black
Originally Posted by sprink49
If we have the CD or Radio on we can't hear her say what's next. The Nav volume control setting has no function up or down. I had the car into the dealer for some other items last year...one of which was reprograming the Nav/Sound system with a firmware/software upgrade. Wonder if this caused this problem? Anyone else had this problem?
You can only adjust the NAV volume when it is speaking. When the NAV is talking the radio volume should be automatically muted. Right when the volume is muted turn the volume up.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If its the COMMAND unit i think it is, if u push and hold the ear button underneath the display whilst turning the volume control this can adjust it.