Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disconnecting the driver's airbag - w203

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 01:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Disconnecting the driver's airbag - w203

I've read the several dozen posts about removing the airbag and it seems like everyone came out all right, but I'm just making sure because of my allergies to explosions and dying.

How in hell do I disconnect these yellow and green connectors.

My first thought was to remove the lead from the steering-column side, but that looks harder and all the how-to I've seen posted say to disconnect it from the airbag side. Seems like I'd have to pull up on those little tabs with plastic loops on them, but my fingernails aren't strong enough and I sure as **** don't want to stick a screw-driver in there.

Alldata is worthless in this regard, so any guidance is appreciated.

Also to verify, when I go back on, line up the indicators and torque to 80Nm?

Many thanks in advance!

Bif
Old 02-24-2006, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no its safe trust me, get a small screwdriver into the back of the plug (the bit that the loop is attched to, the part you think) and just lever up gently, this should come out and then all you need do is to remove the main plug the same way, easy peasy! just make sure you have the key out and it stays out until the airbag is back on otherwise it will bring up an SRS fault and it may go off! ps do u mind me asking why you are taking the airbag off?
Old 02-24-2006, 07:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Installing a new steering wheel and making a how-to on the W203 (as I could find none specific to my model). You just made it into my how-to

I'll post pics on this thread when I'm done.

Many thanks for the tip!!!

Bif

Originally Posted by Hightower
no its safe trust me, get a small screwdriver into the back of the plug (the bit that the loop is attched to, the part you think) and just lever up gently, this should come out and then all you need do is to remove the main plug the same way, easy peasy! just make sure you have the key out and it stays out until the airbag is back on otherwise it will bring up an SRS fault and it may go off! ps do u mind me asking why you are taking the airbag off?