Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to pass parktronic wire throught the narrow holes block?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow How to pass parktronic wire throught the narrow holes block?

How can I pass the wire from under the dash to the outer front of the car? I can see the block with the holes where all wires are passitng through, however is this block removable? The hole seems to small to pass throught the parktronick connector that plugs to the bumper wire. please let me know
Old 03-02-2006, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by perdikoula888
How can I pass the wire from under the dash to the outer front of the car? I can see the block with the holes where all wires are passitng through, however is this block removable? The hole seems to small to pass throught the parktronick connector that plugs to the bumper wire. please let me know
The grommet falls into the cabin area when pushed from outside. Clearly you need to have space around this area to do this. If for some reason you need to remove the battery (UK spec) then you will also need to disconnect the main power feeds to the front and rear sam to safeguard the power-up when you install the battery again.

For the grommet to become loose you need to undo the large two piece clip that holds it firmly in place which is located inside the car.

I take it that you have removed the relevant underside dash panel.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:33 PM

I have removed the following:
top and lower dashboard, steering wheel, airbag, armrerst, front and rear seats, a,b,c pillars , rear shelf, front and rear carpets, rear boot carpet and side trims and battery disconnected.

I have already made the following mods:
18" amg new style iii alloy wheels
full amg suspension
full amg bodykit including sideskirts and boot spoiler
bi-xenon
OEM SUNROOF RETROFIT (first time in UK!!!)
full amg c32 interior including amg seats
booster armrest (still missing the fan)
'05 mirror lights
left and right dimming/folding/memory mirrors
memory seats harness fully working

I am currently trying to install the following:
full parktronic
full command harness (including original tv tuner)
antenna amp (including command & tv)
tv tuner & cd changer
gps antenna
gsm antenna
heated seats harness

Thank you benzmodz for your willingness to help. This is a new area for me as it is the first serious modification challenge. Unfortunately I don't have enough guidance, since there is noone available in the UK experienced enough to help me. Currently I am stuck with the car stripped in a commercial body shop garage and I need to finish off the car asap since they need the space new cars coming in. The other problem I am having is that WIS is not very helpful regarding parktronic and EPC diagrams show non-UK cars with the steering wheel on the left hand side which make my life even more hard

Now regarding the holes connector block, it is close to the Battery as I understood. Does it have to be removed from the inside under the dash or the outside under the battery? Thank you

Last edited by perdikoula888; 03-02-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Since you are UK spec you should email me some more questions and explain more of these issues to me. The rubber grommet is only visible clearly if you remove the battery and also the 2 part clip that is around it.

It will pop out when pushed. I think it falls into the car from the outside.

You should also install the following harness
- voice control
- alarm
- autolevelling
- air hose for multicontour
- sunblind harness

And the following items
- 2005 front and rear sam

I might need more information from you as to what you have done. I assume the rear window has been removed to put the OEM sunroof in.

I might also point out that there is a place in Germany that sells leather alcantra ceiling panels.

I dont know what state of play you are at but I did some of these items listed above to my car also.

Last edited by benzmodz; 03-02-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:26 PM

thank you very much for taking the time to share your knowledge! I will have a go tomorrow to push in the groment and pull out the parktronic harness. Then I assume I have to take it from the area of the battery all the way to the left front wing up to the head light and then all the way to the right up to the right headlight and from there to join it to the PTS harness of the front bumper. Is this correct? I have to do some guessing as to where exactly to mount the harness as there is no other w203 car with parktronic to my availability which I can see and copy/follow the wiring paths....

UK cars come with alarm already factory fitted.

I will try to find front and rear 05 sam units, what features do I gain?

Also what is the autoleveling and voice control?

thanks
Old 03-02-2006, 07:41 PM

yes all windscreens were removed for retrofitting factory sunroof. I had to replace the complete roof. The roof panel was cheap (around 120 pounds brand new). The old roof panel was removed and the new was welded. Then sunroof frame and glass was mounted to the roof panel. then 4 water drains were installed, and motor was easily connected to the updated dome/vanity light with the sunroof switch built-in. It worked straight away, no programing required. then new headliner was installed and then windscreens were bonded together. However I regretted that I did not fit fit the gps antenna, gsm antenna and command/tv antenna amp at the time tha the windscreen was off and now I have remove again the headliner. It is quite a stressfull undertaking for me since I do not have my own space to work in my own time.. I thought to rent a back lane garage but most of them get too wet from humidity overnight (poor insulation) and cannot leave the car dismantled for long periods as it will get very wet.

Last edited by perdikoula888; 03-02-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:01 PM

parktronic wire in the front all sorted out!