Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodwill Assistance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 BMW 750i, 2008 Toyota Prius
Goodwill Assistance

I have read on another board about a program called "Goodwill Assistance." Supposedly, this program will give you discounts on out of warranty repairs. It's supposed to give x% off depending on the following factors:

You get points from -3 to 3 on each question.
1) Whether you purchased your car at the place you are having it serviced? (3 if purchased and serviced at same location.)
2) How old your car is in months? (younger the better)
3) How many Mercedes-Benz you have in your family? (more the better)
4) How many miles you have on the car? (less the better)
5) Does it have a high rate of repair? (less the better)

Does this program actually exist or is the post I read totally BS?
Old 08-19-2002, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
I don't know about the rating system but I know for sure that all manufactures have the "Goodwill" or "Hidden" warranties. They will repair out of warranty vehicles for free on a case by case basis. One thing I know for certain is that having a good relationship with your service department makes this a lot easier to happen. Nissan has applied this policy several times to my 300ZX and Pathfinder. Example, at under 60K miles, the fuel pump on my '90 Pathfinder failed. I explained to them that this was unusual for this truck and they agreed that it was defective - fixed free. Another Pathfinder, '95SE, 60K miles, radiator leak, Nissan agreed to pay for parts if I chipped in for labor. Same truck, 120K miles, rust through on underbody, called Nissan and they agreed to go 50/50 with me. 300ZX turbo, out of warranty, way out, car wandered from side to side. Determined car needed new rear springs - free. All this, I believe, were due to the fact that these vehicles were serviced at the dealership and it was clear from my service history that I hadn't abused the vehicles in any way. Last case, same 300ZX, unusual tire wear at front (as if there were +ve camber at front). two alignment shops and Nissan shop showed good alignment. Called up bridgestone and explained problem to them. They asked me what they could do for me. I said how about two new RE71's upfront, got it, free. Why, I suppose I was very nice to them and had been using B'Stone tires exclusively on all my vehicles, including those trucks.

Last edited by Darkmann; 08-19-2002 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Goodwill Assistance

Originally posted by freakinfreak
I have read on another board about a program called "Goodwill Assistance." Supposedly, this program will give you discounts on out of warranty repairs........Does this program actually exist or is the post I read totally BS?
The "Goodwill"-system exists...

[i]...You get points from -3 to 3 on each question...[/B]
...but not with this points-system.
Your dealer has to fill in certain questions, but it is impossible to know how this affects the system.
Your dealer also can make a proposal for dividing the costs.

After normal warranty has expired, something called ESKULAB should be asked. When Eskulab is nothing or not enough (e.g. 50% should be paid,...) then your dealer can use the Goodwill-system. There is also something called CLB (Customer Loyalty Budget), but this will become too difficult.

All these systems are in a computer program called "Vega" that is connected with MB-Germany, but I do not know if the Vega program is already in the US (it is quite new).

Patrick