Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C320 Control Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C320
C320 Control Unit

I'm pretty bummed here cuz the dealer has quoted me $1400 to replace my central control unit to my 2002 C320. Basically my factory car alarm went off while I was out of town and didn't stop until finally the battery was dead. I got a jump and thought the battery was recharged. The next morning it wasn't and so I had the battery recharged at a local MB repair shop. After getting the car back with a recharged battery, my remote units no longer worked. I took it back to the repair shop and they couldn't fix it. They went ahead and took it to the dealer thinking that the remotes had to reprogrammed, and sure enough the control unit needs to be replaced. The repair shop claims that the replacement of the control unit is mere coincidence to the fact that it happened when the battery was being recharged.

Anyhow, the reason I posted was I wanted to see if anyone else has had their control unit replaced, and how much did it cost? I'm gonna call another repair shop that can do the work to get an estimate from them.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it the "SAM" unit that needs replacing? Otherwise known as the signal aquistion module.