Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone on here work in the design dept. for Mercedes-Benz?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Anyone on here work in the design dept. for Mercedes-Benz?

If anyone knows who or how to get ahold of someone in the design department at MB. I need to know. I have an invention that I would like to submit to them. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-12-2006, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 ML350, 85 300D
First-patent it, we like to think car companies would play nice..not the case. Second- design at MB (at most, if not all auto makers), have nothing to do with the 'features' on the car- that comes from engineering- design says the car will look like this, and will be able to do this...your turn, engineering. Engineering goes back and says , ok, we can do this, you have to change this.. sales says you have to keep the price at ####, design says we can't change that, make it work, etc. etc.
Third- learn German- it will make it easier-even better, learn to 'think German' , what most of us in USA don't get is that the cars are designed for THEM, not us, and what makes sense to us, doesn't sometimes over there (ie: years without cup-holders- they didn't get why you needed them)
Fourth- don't be disappointed if A- they already have it or B- they don't want it due to the above design/engineering/sales process...