Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark plug How-to for 230K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230K, 6spd with too many options
Question Pls. post Spark plug How-to for 230K...

Hi--
I've read several postings about this--Other threads have advised me on which plugs to buy and even why, but there are apparently a few benzes which _do_ require the custom benz-plug-removal tool (or, at least, it makes the job much easier), and I hope someone who's done the dirty deed can tell me whether/not they found that to be the case on there babies (mine's the hatchback, _not_ the 40k roadster)
? Of course, I'd sure apprecitate any tips.
I'd also apprecitate a dig. photo of the accessed area, and/or the step-by-step of what I remove to best access the plugs. Is this an operation that's best done from underneath?
I was pretty slick on my VW's, but I will not, repeat, will NOT be offended by newbie-descriptions like the "red cover over the engine." This w/b the first time I've had the pleassure to explore the raw beauty that is... Mecedes!
I've got the plugs, anti-seize, plenty of standard wrenches and deep-sockets (including Met Wrench), and wheel-ramps if they're needed.
Thanks in advance.
Jeep (long story--no, I've never owned one)

Last edited by FixMy230K; 07-20-2006 at 09:19 PM.