Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Engine Soon Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99' CLK 430
Service Engine Soon Light

I read in the owners manual how to reset it.

After turning the key in position 2 and holding the "0" button for 10 sec the service miles come up.

Mine says; 4.3 on top and 030000 on the bottom. I can't change these numbers or reset the light. How do I do that?
Old 07-22-2006, 07:40 AM

05 ML350, 85 300D
You have to the screen where the the service is displayed- something like 'A Service due in 200 miles' or it will have a wrench (or two) displayed next to the mileage (negative mileage if you went past). I'm assuming you have a multifuntion steering wheel. If not let me know and I'll get you the other directions.
When you get in the car - turn to position 2, door must be shut! Get to where the odometer is displayed - from here 'up arrow' two times. Now hold the reset button on the cluster in, until it comes up and says reser servcive interval with r button (or something like that). Now release button and push and hold again until the new service display comes up (should go to 10000 miles).

Good luck
Old 07-22-2006, 04:32 PM

99' CLK 430
No Multifunctional Steering wheel...

Originally Posted by MBTech21
You have to the screen where the the service is displayed- something like 'A Service due in 200 miles' or it will have a wrench (or two) displayed next to the mileage (negative mileage if you went past). I'm assuming you have a multifuntion steering wheel. If not let me know and I'll get you the other directions.
When you get in the car - turn to position 2, door must be shut! Get to where the odometer is displayed - from here 'up arrow' two times. Now hold the reset button on the cluster in, until it comes up and says reser servcive interval with r button (or something like that). Now release button and push and hold again until the new service display comes up (should go to 10000 miles).

Good luck
MB,

I don't have the steering wheel control. What is the other method to reset the light. Your help is appreciated.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Cool soldierbenz

Originally Posted by soldierbenz
MB,

I don't have the steering wheel control. What is the other method to reset the light. Your help is appreciated.
You didn't ask me, but my '98 E430 didn't have the steering wheel controls either - that's one of the many reasons I bought my '01 E320.

I think your answer might be in your owner's manual. I never looked for that when I had my E430, but I did find those instructions in the E320 book.

Good luck,
M
Old 07-23-2006, 10:26 AM

99' CLK 430
It won't reset with the manual.

Originally Posted by Musikmann
You didn't ask me, but my '98 E430 didn't have the steering wheel controls either - that's one of the many reasons I bought my '01 E320.

I think your answer might be in your owner's manual. I never looked for that when I had my E430, but I did find those instructions in the E320 book.

Good luck,
M
Musikmann,

I used the manual, but I can't get it to reset. I even had someone try it, read it to while I do it. Who knows? I tried the manual method for like two hours, but no luck... Any other suggestions, anyone....?????
Old 07-25-2006, 06:44 PM

05 ML350, 85 300D
OK, I think you use the O button, but it might be the R- I don't really think about when I do it!! First turn the key on, and push the button to get the service indicator up , usually thats push twice. Keep holding the button, while you cycle the key on and off once, keep holding until the mileage goes back to 10000. Hope this helps.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:17 PM

99' CLK 430
Originally Posted by MBTech21
OK, I think you use the O button, but it might be the R- I don't really think about when I do it!! First turn the key on, and push the button to get the service indicator up , usually thats push twice. Keep holding the button, while you cycle the key on and off once, keep holding until the mileage goes back to 10000. Hope this helps.
Thanks! Will this reset my Service Due Now light? Hope it works, I will let you know. Thanks again..