Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart key with keyless go integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smart key with keyless go integration

Hello Everyone,

Any help is appreciated.
I have a 2002 S600 with keyless go. I got it used and came with one key only. So I go to the dealer and ordered a smart key with keyless go integration. Got the new key everything works with the new key except the keyless go?? So I talk to the parts and they said that it should work because they now rarely sell the keyless go card and they might not be able to order the cards anymore.

Parts said that service can program the new key so keyless go would work. I spent an hour of labor and service said that I need the card.. and the smart key with keyless go would not work because my car is 2002.

Questions

1. Does anybody with a 2002 car and "keyless go" been able to order a smart key with keyless go integration and have the keyless go work?

If so.. please let me know which dealer, so I can tell my dealer to talk to them.

2. Do I have to buy the keyless go card for my keyless go to work and once I buy that card does the dealer have to program it to work?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you all.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:52 AM

05 ML350, 85 300D
It's option #2- you have to have the card with the early sytems, i believe and not only that, you can only have 2 of them, so the other ones will have to blocked, and then the new one will work. You can have up to 5 keys, but only 2 cards. Seeing they sold you the key as a key-less go unit, i would say they own a key for your car now!!
Does the new key have small numbers (i think its like 815 or something close to that) on the side of it near the end with the ir lenses? That is what id's the keyless go.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:40 AM

Yes there is a 7 digit number on the side near the ir, starts with a 537 XXXX. Well I own the key now because it's special order and I can't return it. But I'm okay with having an extra key. Okay so I guess I'm off to order a new card probably over $200.

Thank you.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:17 PM

2008 E350
Keyless Go doesn't work

Hey guys, I'm a new owner of a pre-owned 2008 E350. I'm also new to this forum. I was not sure where in the forum to broach my problem so I tagged it in this thread.

My car has 2 smart keys. One works the keyless go process and one doesn't. Both keys look identical and the batteries check out with both. Is there a way to get the second key to activate the keyless go system?