Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumper Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 12:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
w215 - CL55 w/stage III
Bumper Removal

does anyone know how to safely remove the front OEM bumper on a 2003 clk320? or is there a better way to take off the headlights without taking off the bumper? thanks for the help!
Old 08-03-2006, 04:39 AM

w215 - CL55 w/stage III
its funny how someone can put "stupid question" in the header and get some replies, and i put a real good question and get zero replies!!! come on guys help me out!!! i need the help! i know i may be new and don't know anyone here but i thought the purpose of this forum to help out fellow benz owners!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 ML350, 85 300D
the reason is it it's a little hard to explain , but here goes..remove under car panel, remove inner fender liners, there is a 8mm screw on each side that holds a bracket tight that holds the fender to the bumper, take that screw out, then the bracket slides off the fender/bumper, is is a ramped up slot in the bracket, so this can be a pain, and don't damage the fender!!
Remove the upper bolts at the front of the car (if there is any), then there is usually screws hidden behind the impact strip, it unclips. then depending in headlight washers, parktronic etc, pull bumper forward and unhook wires
Good luck
Old 08-03-2006, 05:32 PM

w215 - CL55 w/stage III
bumper

thanks MBtech that is better than nothing! now the 8mm is just a normal 8mm right? its not some of torx bolt right? thanks for all your help! also do you know if the clk320 have impact strips, because i thought someone sd the clk320 w209 coupe does not! and if so is there a speacial way to remove the impact strip?
Old 08-19-2006, 04:24 PM
qaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320
Thanks for asking the question mguerrero. I would like to know the answer as well.

Are you trying to remove the bumper or just the bumper cover?

If you are successful in getting this thing off, please take some time to post your step-by-step, along with some "lessons learned" from your experience.

Good luck!