Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Lights Out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior Lights Out

All the interior lights no longer work when you open the doors or hit the remote switch. Dash and various accessories, fan, etc are all normal, but no lights.

I have pulled and eyeballed every fuse (including the large box under the hood and the small one in the passenger footwell). No joy.

Is there a third fusebox I'm missing? Or am I looking at a relay problem of some kind?

The car just had its ETCM (electronic transmission control module) replaced about a month ago, though the lights were working up until about a week ago, so I don't necessarily see a link there. (The diagnosis and advice I received on this site in regard to the transmission was dead on, by the way).

Thanks for anyone who can help!
Old 09-02-2006, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
You don't say what car you have. However, as basic as this seems, are you sure you didn't press
the auto switch by accident (just did this on my car)
Old 09-03-2006, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by starbrite
You don't say what car you have. However, as basic as this seems, are you sure you didn't press
the auto switch by accident (just did this on my car)
Its an ML500, 2002 vintage. Sorry, I'm used to my profile appearing - guess its gone away.

I checked the auto switch, but I'll check again - my wife needed the truck in the middle of my checking, and if she hit it during that interruption it would be just my sort of luck.