Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Does Service Type "H" Entail?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Does Service Type "H" Entail?

I have an '03 (W211) E500 I just got with about 45,000 miles and two months left on factory warranty and service.

The flexible service code system indicates service type H+ will be needed in about 5300 miles.

What does that entail? How much am I looking at? I assume I'll need disks and pads at that time too (I understand the "+" means check the brakes), what do they run (apprx)?

I did check the manual and tried a search here but "H" is too common and I can't get a specific search done, but did try.

Thanks in advance for help.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by faterikcartman
I have an '03 (W211) E500 I just got with about 45,000 miles and two months left on factory warranty and service.

The flexible service code system indicates service type H+ will be needed in about 5300 miles.

What does that entail? How much am I looking at? I assume I'll need disks and pads at that time too (I understand the "+" means check the brakes), what do they run (apprx)?

I did check the manual and tried a search here but "H" is too common and I can't get a specific search done, but did try.

Thanks in advance for help.
You need to step thru the FSS to see which service items are due, then look on the W211 forum and check out konigstiger's sticky post that will tell you what those items are -- the post also tells you how to step thru FSS. The only thing that the "H" means is that the labor to perform the service is approx 8 hrs and the dealer can figure out how to schedule you're appointment.

Regards,
paul....
Old 10-15-2006, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
its in the manual that comes w/ the car too