Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some minor issues with my '02 S500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some minor issues with my '02 S500

I recently pruchased a 2002 S500 ... when I picked up the car I noticed a few things .... can anyone help ... PLEASE ..??

1. the temp indicator says it's -37.5 and I dont know how to correct this problem - can some one help?

2. there is a button on the door handle and a another button on top of the gear shifter, the tech at mercedes told me I can press that button on the door handle and it will unlockt he car as long as the key is in your pocket or purse ... when I push this button the screen inside the cluster says "chip not recognized" and says the same when I sit in the car and press the top of the gear shifter - am I missing something here? help please!

3. how do I program the sunroof to close with one push of the button?

you see this car was in an accident and sat in someones shop for about 1 year, the whole car had to be sent to mercedes and a new key was required!

thanks in advance ....
Old 10-15-2006, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
First off you bought what appears to have been a rebuilt total wreck if it sat for a year. Second the info you asked about is in the manual, as it seems to be equipped with keyless go. You must have the keyless go card, key on you for this to work. Second no one sends the car to Mercedes but perhaps a dealer to repair what the shop could not. If it was being repaired for resale its not uncommon that there were lots of items that were repaired not the correct way but the cheapest way. I suggest you try to return the car and get your money back. I would guess it has a salvage title or should have one.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:34 PM

CLS55
you need the keyless go key to be reset to the car.

the temp is -37 because the external temp sensor is missing. prob in the 'wreck' it wasn't replaced correctly.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:35 PM

CLS55
sunroof should work that way, in addition, once you get your keyless go sorted out you can hold the button on the handle outside of the car and it will close the sunroof.