Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parktronic Problem in CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK 280
Parktronic Problem in CLK

I am having an ongoing problem with my parktronic in my 2006 CLK 280. It started off with the front left side going to full strength and the I got a solid beep with the centre red bars going solid. It then switched itself off. The dealer has replaced a sensor which they thought was faulty and then they replaced a computer module because it was not fixed. I just pick the car up today and by the time I got home it played up again. Does anyone have an idea with this or experienced the same problem. Very frustrating!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
anytime the display shows full and then 2 bars means you have a problem with the system still. Perhaps your dealer replaced the wrong sensor.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Parktronic Blues

Originally Posted by sunman
anytime the display shows full and then 2 bars means you have a problem with the system still. Perhaps your dealer replaced the wrong sensor.
I agree. The sensors will fail if tapped by a bush or a parking hit.
Have them check all the sensors up front. Its not that uncommon.
Just leave it off until they fix it.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK 280
Thanks Guys, yes the dealer has ben over the system and they are at loss, so going back for its 4th time re this. This interesting thing the system will switch itself off when it plays up and then whenI get back in the car it comes back on, so have to switch it off each time i get in the car. Anyway when they get a new Diff from germany which is relatable to another problem, I will get them to take another look at it.