Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M119 oil guide replacement parts list?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2006 | 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
M119 oil guide replacement parts list?

My 97 E420 has been ticking for a while but since yesterday, it's ticking so loud that you could hear the car from a block away. It's quite embarrasing, and scary!! Sounds like a ticking bomb.

I'm going to follow the DIY guide in the "DIY Articles" section, but if you own a M119 motor and have done this previously, could you please post a complete list of all the parts I need to order? Both for absolutely necessarry parts and stuff that you'd recommend replacing. Thanks!!
Old 11-13-2006 | 03:10 PM

03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by ProV1

I'm going to follow the DIY guide in the "DIY Articles" section, but if you own a M119 motor and have done this previously, could you please post a complete list of all the parts I need to order? Both for absolutely necessarry parts and stuff that you'd recommend replacing. Thanks!!
I don't fall into your criteria, but you could try this Russian site that hosts the EPC and look up your parts.

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb.asp

Regards,
paul...
Old 11-13-2006 | 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
Originally Posted by paulv
I don't fall into your criteria, but you could try this Russian site that hosts the EPC and look up your parts.

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb.asp

Regards,
paul...

I'm having difficulties navigating that website. is there a way to type in a MB part # and see what the part is?
Old 11-14-2006 | 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by ProV1
I'm having difficulties navigating that website. is there a way to type in a MB part # and see what the part is?
No, that site doesn't have that ability even though you could do that if you had the full up EPC.

Are you using IE to browse? That site doesn't work well with Netscape. What navigating problems are you having? You should be able to select "Cars" then see the model list to select your model, and then you will see the system group areas to select.

Regards,
paul...
Old 11-15-2006 | 10:17 AM

Here's the parts stuff----

ProV1

Went on the Russian EPC site and pulled down this info for you. It's applicable to a 97 E420 from what I could see.

Regards,
paul....
Attached Thumbnails M119 oil guide replacement parts list?-oilpan.jpg   M119 oil guide replacement parts list?-oilpanpartnum1.jpg   M119 oil guide replacement parts list?-oilpanpartnum2.jpg