Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disabling security system?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disabling security system?

My SLK 230 (2003) is having computer issues, so I'm taking it in for repairs this week.

Then, all of a sudden yesterday, my remote wouldn't open the doors. I unlocked the car manually and put the key in the ignition and it did nothing (other than set off the alarm). Later in the day, the alarm just started going off, so I disconnected the battery.

I am assuming that the car wouldn't start because the alarm system won't shut off with the remote (nor when I turn the key in the ignition).

So, here's the question. How can I disable the security system but still drive the car (just to get it to the repair shop, which is too far away to easily have towed)?

Appreciate any help!
Old 11-20-2006, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 ML350, 85 300D
Here is the kicker- you can't- most probable cause is the PSE module/pump- which controls the locking/alarm, is in the trunk, down by the spare tire, in a foam rubber holder. The SLKs tend to leak water down into there- the wwater corrodes the pump/wiring harness and bad things happen- like you are experiencing. You could try taking it all out, drying it off with a hair dryer, try to clean the connector with some WD-40, but that is it for the magic fix!!