Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FSS Plus Not Displaying on 2003 E500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2006 | 05:36 PM

2003 E500 Benz & 2015 BMW M235ix
FSS Plus Not Displaying on 2003 E500

FSS Plus Not Displayed on 2003 E500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For some reason I can't pull up the FSS Plus on my Dash Display using the below procedures that were posted on the Service thread.......any suggestions for getting access to the FSS Plus on my 2003 E500?

Calling up the service data information
• Switch ignition on.
• Outside temperature display.
• Press button up or down on the steering wheel until the FSS PLUS indicator appears in the display.
• Press the trip odometer reset knob for about five seconds. The Service Menu appears in the display.
• Select the items menu with the + or – button.
• Press the menu systems button (left side, below up and down buttons).
• The service indicator now displays the items menu (1 – 14 described below).
• Press the menu systems button until the outside temperature display appears.
Old 12-03-2006 | 11:31 PM

When did you notice this happening? Possibly after a service at dealer? If that were the case, its possible when the Star Diagnosis equiptment is dissconected from the car, while the diag equiptment is reading the Assyst Plus (service info control mod) the control module can get stuck in diag mode. Its a longshot but a possibility.
Old 12-04-2006 | 10:50 PM

2003 E500 Benz & 2015 BMW M235ix
Well I bought the car from a MB dealer in Sept 05 and didn't really try to access the FSS Plus until I read how to do it recently on this forum. I've had the vehicle into the dealer for service and minor warranty work several times since I bought it. Maybe next time I go into the dealer for service I should push the issue and ask them to fix it......seems like I should be able to access it. I bought a two year extended warranty from MB that starts on Jan 13, 2007, when the original four year warranty expires.