Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any One HaveThis Problem Before

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG
Unhappy Any One HaveThis Problem Before

My transmission has been actin up latly. When i go around turns real sharp or accelerate fast, or stop fast my transmission slips for about 10 sec. It feels to me like its just low on tranny fluid but according to my owners manual i have a sealed transmission system so i cant add any fluid to it. I made a appointment at the dealership the other day to get my oil changed and the transmission checked out, but they cant take it till monday. So i figured id just baby it till than. Than this morning when i start my car it just feels like its running like **** and something is loose !When i drive the car i can just feel this tiny bit of nocking in the car and i think its comeing from the trans since its been actin up. Im guessing i broke a tranny mount but not sure. Im just not sure cause this is my first mercedes. I grew up owning and working on chevy's so i know my way around most cars but this car is on a whole different level. Oh by the way i drive a 02 clk55 with about 61k on it. Any advice would be greatly app.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:38 PM

02 CLK 55 AMG
Cool

Oh yea if it helps i had new tires put on yesterday so i was putting them to the test a little. Did a few burn outs and 0 to 80 at full power pulls.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Almost a Member!

99 civic EK hatchback
you can check the fluid level through the dipstick tube unfortunately you
car doesn't have a dipstick. good new is you can purchase one from the
dealer or find one online. you also fill the fluid through the tube. i'd start
there if your car is out of warranty. if it is still covered under warranty just
take it in the dealer and provide work four your friendly technicians.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
If you cannot see any leak on the outside of the transmission, check the connetion for the electronic control unit (ECU). The seal for this connection often leaks and the fluid by capilary action migrates up the wire harness and fills the control unit with oil.

If you pull off the connector and you see fluid in there, you will probably find motion lotion has filled the entire ECU.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:46 PM

Sounds like the sealed for life, never needs servicing transmission is low on fluid, which means its leaking. As said you need the dip stick tool to check the level.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by C32AMG/02
Sounds like the sealed for life, never needs servicing transmission is low on fluid, which means its leaking. As said you need the dip stick tool to check the level.
Don't forget to buy a couple use-once then discard cap keepers for the tube. There's a common problem with that transmission with o rings going bad that seal a through the case electrical connection.