Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carsoft problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carsoft problems - won't communicate with SRS system

I have a 2002 E320 Wagon. SRS light stays on. I bought a carsoft 7.4 interface so I could clear this. I purchased the one that comes with a multiplexer, so I won't have to worry about switching pins around.

Can't get anything to respond via the OBD-II port. Plug into the 38-pin port, get several systems to respond. I am able to check status and clear error codes. Some systems do not respond, such as the Air Bag (SRS) system.

Here's all the systems that DO respond when hooked to the 38-pin port:

PMS
ME
ABS/ASR
Traction/ESP
SAM
DCM 1-4
Instrument Cluster
EGS
Airco
PSE
OCP
LCP
D2B - persistent error B1241 (I would erase, when I checked again it was back)
EIS

These are the ones that did NOT work:

HFM
MSM
DFI
CDI
LH 104/119
LH 120
Airbag
BAS brake assist
HRA
Airmatic/ABC
PTS
UCP
RVS
AAM
EAM
KG
SBC
FFZ/FBS
VD

Under Special Functions, both Service Interval options work, as do both of the Adaptation Erase functions. Under Live data ME, EGS, and ESP (I did not try Airco). I did not play with anything under Coding or Activation.

I think the systems I accessed were on different pins, which would indicate the multiplexer was working.

While editing this post I connected directly to pin 30 which is for the Airbag (one of the cables I received has just three wires, positive, ground, and data). Still nothing for the Airbag. Just for kicks I hooked it up to the correct pin for PSE (can't remember the number, sorry) and it read it fine. Am I in trouble?

Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by josetann; 02-06-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K
I would contact Carsoft to see what they say. While that is a really nice package, I have read some posts that referenced the fact there are certain things that third party software cannot emmulate. Maybe this is one of them.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:17 PM

05 ML350, 85 300D
Mercedes has never released SRS info to the aftermarket for scanners.. and probably will never (liability)...even the SDS units we sell can;t access SRS ..I'm suprised you can see traction , but I guess ESP is everone's now, so they probably got that from Chrysler..
Old 02-27-2007, 05:15 PM

C230 komp (202)
Hi guys I know for a fact that the snapon scanner can connect to srs. because one of the guys at work had issues snapon then sent him an adapter. I think it it was some kind of can link and he has to go into expert mode whatever that means. but it works and he was able to access codes

maybe u should contact carsoft
Old 08-18-2007, 06:56 AM

Carsoft 7.4 Via The Obd Port

[QUOTE=josetann;1995865]I have a 2002 E320 Wagon. SRS light stays on. I bought a carsoft 7.4 interface so I could clear this. I purchased the one that comes with a multiplexer, so I won't have to worry about switching pins around.

Can't get anything to respond via the OBD-II port.

Hi Josetann,
Did you ever get things to work via the OBD-II port? I have a similar issue on a 1999 A-class and I don't have a 38pin port to switch too...

Any hints greatfully received
PaulR
Old 08-18-2007, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Warning lights are not "fixed" by turning them off.

They're fixed by fixing the problem.

Try that.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by lkchris
Warning lights are not "fixed" by turning them off.

They're fixed by fixing the problem.

Try that.
Kent, I fear you haven't understood because I cut down some of the original message I was quoting. The problem I have is being unable to use CARSOFT 7.4 via the OBD port. The software appears to be installed fine, the multiplexer is recognised but the DIGITAL diagnostic run finds ZERO controllers.
I have read elsewhere in this thread that this software/hardware combo, not being 100% legit, is a little hit and miss... maybe I'm in the latter category but I need to find out for sure.

Thx
PaulR