Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trunk switch problem w220

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 S55
trunk switch problem w220

anyone know why i wouldnt be able to open the trunk from the switch mounted on teh trunk deck? I can open it using the keys or the switch on the drives door. I can also open it using the blade.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:27 AM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
sounds like a problem with the trunk lid handle or possibly the PSE pump. I have seen the trunk lid release/opening handles go out since there is usually a small diaphram that cracks or one of the contact switches inside it fail. Also, you could try to reset the PSE pump by either locating the fuse for it and removing it for a few seconds. You could also just get access to it and unplug it and then plug it back it.

do you hear any sort of hissing noise when you first try to open the trunk with the release handle?
Old 03-03-2007, 02:46 PM

03 S55
Originally Posted by Racin_fool
sounds like a problem with the trunk lid handle or possibly the PSE pump. I have seen the trunk lid release/opening handles go out since there is usually a small diaphram that cracks or one of the contact switches inside it fail. Also, you could try to reset the PSE pump by either locating the fuse for it and removing it for a few seconds. You could also just get access to it and unplug it and then plug it back it.

do you hear any sort of hissing noise when you first try to open the trunk with the release handle?
thanks for the reply. I hear no hissing noise with the handle. the lever pops out when i use the key or the inside switch to open it. any idea where the pse fuse is?

thanks again
Old 03-04-2007, 09:40 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
Originally Posted by ckad
thanks for the reply. I hear no hissing noise with the handle. the lever pops out when i use the key or the inside switch to open it. any idea where the pse fuse is?

thanks again
look in the spare tire area for the fuse location sheet. It should show you on there where the fuse is. I believe it is somewhere in the rear Sam in the trunk though.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:38 PM

03 S55
ok, i'll try that. will post findings
Old 03-07-2007, 02:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 E350 ,
220 trunk

it seems to be a micro switch contact ,this is a 03 220 we are talking about ?
the only way to tell is das actual values ,if it is a 03 you should be in warranty unless your warranty started in jan or feb 03.also if close asist works on trunk ok it is not a pse problem ,hope this helps..