Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog light removal on SL500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog light removal on SL500

Hey Everyone,

Can someone tell me how to access the fog light on the SL500? Im trying to replace the bulb inside. BTW, i've tried removing the under panel plastic covers (even w/ the screw off, but still couldn't get the covers off??) to access the fog lights, but no luck since i couldn't get that cover off.

If there is any DIY link, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Sean
Old 03-04-2007, 09:46 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
what year SL do you have? if you are talking about unscrewing 2 black plastic things that would unlock a panel, then just take a small screwdriver or something and pop it open. If you are talking about the solid panel with no access ports on either side then you would need to take down the entire front belly pan and get to it from there.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have an 03 SL, but i've got a MKB kit on it. Im not sure if that changed any of the under panel parts. From looking at it, it looks like there are 3 or so pcs to the under panel covers and all 3 panels are not connected to each other.

When i took off the plastic screws underneath, i was unable to pull off the plastic cover.... and i was a bit hesitant to pry/pull too hard.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:56 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
if it didn't want to just fall off, then you haven't taken enough of the screws out. There are probably a few that you didn't see. Also, you may want to take the center section off to get the front section off and back on easier.